Friday, January 10, 2020

seeking order


Friday, January 10, 2020 (6:11 a.m.)
Holy God,

I am here requesting order. Yes Lord, I am seeking order.

What better place to start than with the God of the universe? The One who brought everything into being.

Father, thank You for all You created.
(7:34 a.m.)
Mm, yes Father. Thank You.

Thank You that I get to read Your Word. Pour over Your promises. Skim. Look at. And hone in on Your Truth.

Father, I look about me and see controlled chaos. Stacks. Piles. Indecision. Yes. That’s what it is.

Last year I was completely willing to be “delightfully surprised” by the packing away of holiday items. This year I am truly seeking order. “A place for everything and everything in its place.”

Yes Father. Order. Organization. Structure. A plan. A good, solid, precise strategy. You are excellent at such things.

Fast forwarding over to Revelation 21 The New Jerusalem I look to You Father. A Serenity Prayer devotion (The Life Recovery Bible) for verses 3-6 begins, “As we think about making changes in our life, we may find ourself dwelling on the defects in our character.” True that Lord.

How I look to You for making the changes necessary in my thinking. Planning. Ability.

Your Word promises us power to do what we cannot on our own. The Life Recovery Bible comment for 21:1-7 tells us, “Ever since the first sin in the Garden of Eden, God has been working to restore His earth to its original perfection… It is God’s will to make old things new… By following His will for our life, we become part of God’s plan for restoration…” Yes please Father.

I long to be a part of Your plan for restoration. Ordering our home may not seem a big thing to others. You know my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. I long to love You fully with each (Mark 12:30). This I believe is done by submitting completely to Your will.

A song is brewing. Bits of music combined with the words ♪completely to You♪ 

♪The Stand♪ is offered as one of the possibilities. But doesn’t seem quite so. Even with this I turn to You Dearest God and Father. Asking Your guidance.

Holy God, I love You. I want to serve You. As You so rightly deserve.

♪So I’ll stand... ♪ Oh just look at this will You!

It IS ♪The Stand♪ The full lyrics, not just the chorus.

♪You stood before creation Eternity in Your hand You spoke the earth into motion My soul now to stand You stood before my failure And carried the cross for my shame My sin weighed upon Your shoulders My soul now to stand♪

And here it is! The Pre-Chorus. ♪So what could I say? And what could I do? But offer this heart, Oh God Completely to You♪

Father, You cause me to sing. Smile. Stand firmly on Your Word. Surrendering to Your will.

Work in, with, by, through and for me this day as I seek to make order out of this disarray. I love You Lord. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen!

(526 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment