Saturday, January 4, 2020

something better


Friday, January 3, 2020 (6:55 a.m.)
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Holy God,

I confess. I’m looking to You for something better. And I don’t know if that’s even allowed.

You are so good. You give us so much already. How dare I ask for more?

But I did. I expected snow. The weather forecast was a huge snow storm. We were prepared. Excited. Ready.

I know I’m supposed to be grateful for all we did get. Safety. Warmth. Protection from the elements. Camaraderie.

So what do I do with the underlying tones of disappointment? Confess and bring them to You.

Yes. Here I am. Feeling spoiled. Unappreciative. Whiney.

That’s the word. “I didn’t get my way and wah, wah, wah…” Whiney.

The beauty with which we arrived was not surpassed as expected. Instead we have melty, ugly, dirty slush. And even here I say, “Thank You!”

Yes Father. Thank You for keeping us safe. Thank You for having us prepare. Thank You for Your love and Your teachings.

I may very well not have gotten what it was I thought I wanted, but You absolutely provided everything I need. And I do thank You Lord.

Thank You for safety. Above all we were safe. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of paying full attention to the beauty that I see, rather than looking forward to what has been promised.

The one area that would differ here is the beauty You promise us that is to come. Revelation 22:1. The New Jerusalem.

So, it didn’t snow as predicted. I’ll live. And be glad. Patient. Prayerful (Romans 12:12).

Thank You for putting up with me Lord. I can be a lot. And not always good. Thank You that You are.

Continue Your work in us Blessed God. Turning each of us into the something better You would have us be.

I love You Lord. I need You. Want You. Praise You. And I thank You for all You are and do on our behalf. Use us as You know is best. With SO much love. Thank You! Amen.
(354 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment