Monday, January 6, 2020

Epiphany


Monday, January 6, 2020 (6:19 a.m.)
Holy God,

The day of Epiphany. Speak to me about this will You?

The Coming of the Wisemen. 

Three Kings’ Day.

One of the oldest Christian feasts.

Quotes from The Christian Century:

“joy comes from recognizing and affirming the good”

“the star-led quest for the incarnate Christ”

“good news of great joy to all people, wonderful comfort to those who are eager to receive God’s gift and reign.”

“poetry of Katie Cook ~  Let us go in peace now
We have brought our gifts to the manger -
and for some of us
it was merely our broken selves - 
but now, like the shepherds,
we must go back to our fields;
like the magi,
we must go home another way.

Let us go in peace now;
May this Holy Child guide our steps
into the new year
And give us the courage
to give birth to God’s realm.”

A hope and prayer “that we will hold onto stars and babies, angels and shepherds, fields and fountains as we step into this new year - to be overwhelmed by joy and carried by it throughout every situation.”

(7:41 a.m.)

Father, thank You that we get to explore. Learn. Ask. Receive. Read of traditions. Holidays. Wonder. Wanting to know more.

Oh yes Father, I want to know so much more.

You have been so incredibly good to us this past holiday season. First with preparing us for Advent. Followed by a truly joyous Christmas Day. And a peace driven 12 Day celebration. 

Truly Lord, we can’t thank You enough. That’s why I bring my heart to You. Asking that You would continue emptying it of all that is not necessary and filling it with only what is.

As I sing songs geared toward Your Epiphany, I find and am moved by all the titles I don’t even recognize:

Once in Royal David’s City
A Communion Hymn for Christmas
Adoration
As with Gladness Men of Old
O Sing a Song of Bethlehem
Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
Praise the One Who Breaks the Darkness
One Small Child
Who Is He in Yonder Stall?
The Unveiled Christ
Come and Praise the Lord Our King

It is ♪One Day♪ at which I stop to sing aloud. ♪Living He loved me; Dying, He saved me; Buried, He carried my sins far away; Rising, He justified freely forever; One day He’s coming - O glorious day!♪

All of this Truth because of Your Master plan Dear God. Jesus. Announced by angels. Born of a virgin. Placed in a manger. Worshiped by shepherds and Magi alike.

As I come to ♪Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Bow down before Him, His glory proclaim. With gold of obedience and incense of lowliness. Kneel and adore Him - the Lord is His name!♪ I ask that I would keep singing ♪Adoration♪ to You Lord.

♪Fear not to enter His presence in poverty, Bearing no gifts to present as your own. Bring truth in its beauty and love in its purity - These are the off’rings to lay at His throne♪ Mm. Truth in its beauty. Love in its purity.

We are learning Father. You are teaching. I ask You to continue so today.

I love You Lord. I need You. I want You. And I ask You. Do all You know is best. In, with, by, through and for us. Thank You Father. Amen.

(570 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment