Wednesday, January 22, 2020

persistence


Wednesday, January 22, 2020 (6:28 a.m.)
Holy God,

I’ve been singing ♪Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty♪ for hours now. Varied attempts of returning to sleep failed as the hymn grew more persistent.

♪…Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee♪ With that sung out to You again, 
(8:29 a.m.)

The phone rang. An unexpected “reach out” from a loved one and now I flounder. Much conversation. A little depth. And my brain no longer is engaged with thoughts of You.

Reel me back in Lord. Start me over. Where are my thoughts and praises of You?

♪Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!♪

There is so much to sing. And read. Oh yes Father!

The more I sing, the deeper I dig into Your Word. Following the referenced verse (Revelation 4:8) I wind myself to Isaiah 6:1-8 (Isaiah’s Cleansing and Call). Then to John 1:1, 2 (Christ, the Eternal Word); 2 Corinthians 5:19 (We Are God’s Ambassadors) and 1 Timothy 3:16 (The Truths of Our Faith).

The more persistent I am in reading, the stronger my hope for healing grows. In myself and loved ones as well. Blessed Father God, how desperately we are in need of You.

Turning to 1 Corinthians 14:25 and finally 2 Thessalonians 1:10 I am repeatedly reminded that our hopes all lie in You Blessed Lord. Here again I thank and praise You.

I don’t claim to understand much. But I do believe! You are good. You are faithful. And You call us to reflect You throughout our days.

Father, I ask You to increase my level of persistence that I would one day be able to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) and my neighbor as myself (31). It is only in and with, by, through and for You that this is possible.

I love You Lord and I ask all this in the name of “the One who was and is and is to come” (Revelation 4:8d). Oh how I thank You! Amen.

(355 words ~ 9:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment