Friday, January 24, 2020

♪You Say♪


Thursday, January 23, 2019 (6:53 a.m.)
Blessed God,

This day is already different than planned. Awake for two hours, out of bed for one, here I finally come to You.

Thank You Father for every single time I finally come to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.

I think I make so many mistakes. Potentially say or do things that cause distress in others. Forgive me Father, for I know not what I do (Luke 23:34). This is rarely my intent.

Holy God, I confess to a time in my life where I was far less inclined to care about others. I would much rather hurt than be hurt. Thank You for the changes You continue making in me that enable me to want to be different.

Lauren Daigle and her song ♪You Say♪ were my getting up song. Having awoken again to ♪Holy, Holy, Holy♪ I thank You profoundly for the Truth You sing to me in various ways.

♪I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up Am I more than just the sum of every high and low? Remind me once again just who I am because I need to know♪

And You do! Thank You Father.

♪You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing You say I am strong when I think I am weak And You say I am held when I am falling short And when I don’t belong, oh You say I am Yours And I believe, oh I believe What You say of me I believe♪

Yes Father. I believe because I want to.

♪The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity♪ Thank You. Thank You that in You I am learning who I am.

Thank You that because of You and Your love I want to be loving. Yes Lord, continue Your work in making me kinder. Joyful. Peaceful. Patient. Good. Faithful. Gentle. And self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23a). Mm. Yes. Please.

The Passion Translation refers to the divine love produced by the Holy Spirit “in all its varied expressions: joy that overflows, peace that subdues, patience that endures, kindness in action, a life full of virtue, faith that prevails, gentleness of heart, and strength of spirit.”

I love when You spell things out for us Lord. Worldwide English lists “being kind, being good, being true, being gentle, and keeping the body under control.” Mm, yes Lord. These are things I definitely want to be.

I look to You. Asking You to make Your love so evident in me this day.

I love You Lord. ♪Taking all I have and now I’m laying it at Your feet You have every failure God, and You’ll have every victory… Oh I believe, Yes I believe What You say of me♪

Thank You Father. I love You. Use me. Amen.
(504 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment