Saturday, January 4, 2020

enJOYing


Saturday, January 4, 2020 (7:32 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Sitting. Thinking. EnJOYing. Yes Father, thank You for the fine art of enJOYment.

Singing very gently. ♪All is calm All Is bright♪ A genuine sense of peacefulness completely envelops me. Thank You Father.

♪Silent Night! Holy night! Son of God, love’s pure light Radiant beams from Thy Holy face, With the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus, Lord at Thy birth♪ Words I’ve never quite considered before.

Love’s pure light. Radiant beams. From Thy Holy face. The dawn of redeeming grace. Just thinking about radiant beams of love’s pure light coming from Your holy face causes me to pause. Inhale deeply. Settle in. EnJOY the thought.

The dawn [beginning] of redeeming grace. Just think about that! You were born and Your redemptive [acting to save someone from error or evil] grace began. Oh Lord, thank You!!

As I consider the calm and peace I am currently experiencing I am so thankful to attribute it all back to You. Thank You for this present opportunity to be keenly aware of this very moment.

Instead of wishing and hoping, thinking and praying for what may [or may not] come next, You are teaching me to fully appreciate [enJOY] all that is right here in this moment. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that I get to turn to Your Word (Psalm 66:1-4; Proverbs 8:22-31). Reading and learning more of Your Truth and Wisdom. Oh thank You Father. Such hope. And love.

“Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth! Sing about the glory of His name! Tell the world how glorious He is!”(Psalm 66:1). YES! Let me imprint this glorious Truth to my heart this year.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 66:1-7 begins, “When God demonstrates His power and His care for us, we need to share what He has done with others.” Yes Father. I want to get so much better at doing precisely this.

“The whole earth falls to its knees - it worships You, sings to You, can’t stop enjoying Your name and fame” (The Message; Psalm 66:4). Enable and empower me to continue “enJOYing Your name and fame” Dear Lord.

Yes. Oh, yes!

Turning over to Proverbs 8:22-31 I read of Wisdom and immediately think of Jesus. “GOD sovereignly made me - the first, the basic - before He did anything else. I was brought into being a long time ago, well before Earth got its start.”

This section goes on mentioning the creation of Ocean, Springs, Rivers and Lakes. The sculpting of Mountains and shaping of Hills. The stretching out of Earth’s Horizons and the minute details of Soil and Weather. Sky was set firmly in place. Wild Ocean was mapped and given borders. The vast vault of Heaven built. Fountains installed that fed Ocean.

I keep reading and am absolutely enthralled. A boundary for Sea was drawn, with a “NO TRESPASSING” sign posted. Earth’s foundation was staked out and Wisdom was “right there with Him, making sure everything fit. Day after day I was there, with my joyful applause, always enJOYing His company, Delighted with the world of things and creatures, happily celebrating the human family” (vs. 30-31).

Oh most dear and blessed God, how I ask You to continue teaching me the very fine art of glorifying and enJOYing Your company forever. I love You Lord. So very much. Do all You know is best to this end. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(588 words ~ 9:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment