Sunday, January 5, 2020

this 12th day of Christmas


Sunday, January 5, 2020 (6:18 a.m.)
♪On this 12th day of Christmas…♪
(8:13 a.m.)

Mm, yes. It is the 12th day of Christmas. What does that really mean for any of us? This I bring to You Dearest God.

The last day of Christmas. The day before Epiphany, “the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1-12).” Hmm. Teach me more Lord.

The Visit of the Wise Men “Magi, a class of wise men long associated with government in Persia” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). There’s so much to learn Father.

Prophecy (Numbers 24:17; Micah 5:2). Tyranny and manipulation (Matthew 2:13-18). Guidance, joy, worship, gift giving and a dream (Matthew 2:9-12).

Here I celebrate the hope that comes from Your promises and plans. The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for Micah “5:1-5 From a place that the world considered insignificant, God would bring greatness. God made the tiny village of Bethlehem internationally famous when he chose it as the birthplace of the Messiah.”

Father, thank You so much. Thank You that You use “‘insignificant’ people and places to achieve great things.” Yes Lord.

You “can take our broken and useless life and turn it into a blessing to others…” If we let You! “Out of hopeless situations, God can bring hope. Out of the confusion and chaos we have created, God can rebuild a world of peace.”

On this 12th day of Christmas, I so look to You Lord. With praise and adoration. Asking You to use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You. And I thank You Father. Oh how I thank You! Amen.
(294 words ~ 9:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment