Saturday, March 30, 2019

opportunities to change


Saturday, March 30, 2019 (6:08 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You that You are so good. You provide us opportunities. Opportunities for change.

Mm, yes Father. Opportunities for change.

Every moment we have choices. The things we think. See. Say. Do. Thank You Father.

Thank You that through the years You have allowed me to see and learn how these choices affect not only me, but those around me as well. Simple things really. Like which words to use. Even in my thinking.

I can choose to take a negative tone. Or positive. Build up. Or tear down.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the lessons You’ve had for me through the years. Lessons about managing my thoughts.

Blessed God, there is so very much for us to learn about how the very words we think color our choices. Your Word teaches us to ‘take our thoughts captive (2 Corinthians 10:5) to make them obedient to Christ.’ Thank You Father.

Thank You that Romans 12:2 tells us to “not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds… And Paul’s words to the Philippians (4:8) shows us how.

“Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.” Yes Father.

Thank You that there is a promise from Paul here. “Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into His most excellent harmonies” (v. 9).

Mm, yes Father. The opportunities You have provided for us to change has absolutely introduced me to Your excellent harmonies. Thank You Father. Use me in this. Helping others learn the importance of choosing and using our words wisely and well.

Be glorified and praised Dearest Lord. I love You. I need You. I choose You. I thank You. Amen.
(345 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment