Friday, March 15, 2019

seeking rest


Friday, March 15, 2019 (7:00 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Good morning. I love You. Guide and direct my searching and seeking this morning.

I confess to attempting to avoid my own feelings these past two days. Challenges. Tension. And random disappointments have resulted in clutter starting to take over my resolve to have a place for everything and everything in its place.

Blessed God, how I thank You for loving us so much. Because of Your perfect love I get to not only come to You with sadness but also with expectation. Yes Father. 

Thank You that I have come to depend on You to be able to align my will to Your way. Yes Father. The tension I am still holding in my body is a physical reminder of all the unmet expectations I have yet to release to You.

Forgive me Father. I know You to be my rest and my Redeemer. Ah, here it is. “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light’ ” (Matthew 11:28-30).

Yes, Blessed Jesus, yes!

I am feeling exhausted. Depleted. Drained. I want so very much for others. YOU are able! You do all You know is best.

I love You so much. I know what it is to be loved by You and I am grateful. I want this to be true for my loved ones. Thank You that we have You to turn to.

Getting ready to go out into this day I ask You to go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within us. Completely encompassing us in Your safe keeping. Allowing us to rest in Jesus’ gentle care.

Thank You Father. Confessing and releasing my hopes and expectations to You enables and empowers me to settle in to Your protective keeping. Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(366 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment