Tuesday, March 26, 2019

child of God


Tuesday, March 26, 2019 (7:02 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I’m here. Seeking You. Your will. Your way.

I withdrew last night. Went back inside myself. Feelings got hurt. And here I am. Reaching out. To You.

You know me. None of this surprises You. Do all You must to speak Truth to my heart. Yes Father. It is Your Truth I seek.

I recognized it late last night. I am not trusting. I doubt. Suspect. And it scares me.

Forgive me Father. You charge us to be alert. Not afraid.

Thank You Father. Yes. Here it is. A genuine, heart felt thanks.

1 Peter 5:8. “Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.” Right at this moment that could be me.

I slip further into doubting. Not trusting. Playing phrases over and over in my head.

And then comes Your Word. This from The Life Recovery Bible introduction for First Peter. “Peter’s audience was made up of hurting people.”

The PURPOSE of Peter’s letter to the Jewish Christians? “To show us how to live in a shattered and hopeless world.” With the KEY VERSE being 2:16, “You are not slaves; you are free. But your freedom is not an excuse to do evil. You are free to live as God’s slaves.”
(8:24 a.m.)

And here You are. Guiding. Directing. ♪You unravel me with a melody You surround me with a song Of deliverance from my enemies ’Til all my fears are gone♪ Yes Father. Thank You.

Looking to You, I am willing to trust. To share. Come out of my shell.

I love You God. Thank You that I get to say that. Thank You that truly ♪I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God♪ Mm, yes! I am a child of God.

Think of it, we have the opportunity to ‘Give all our worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to us’ (v. 5:7). Illustrated Bible Handbook, “How good to know the release from anxiety which comes from the conviction that God cares for us (7).”

Yes Father. Release from anxiety. Thank You for Your hand in all of this. Thank You that we have You to turn to. Always.

Work in me this day Blessed God. In, with, by, through and for me. I feel especially fragile this morning.

Do all You know that is best in helping me sing, smile, stay my mind on You, and stretch. Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). All my passion, prayer, intelligence and energy (The Message).

Thank You. I love You. Use me. Amen.
(453 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment