Sunday, March 3, 2019

the power of Christ's resurrection


Sunday, March 3, 2019 (5:41 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

Thank You.

For hours now I keep coming back to the Truth we find in Romans 3:23. “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Talk with me about this I pray.

Thank You Father. Starting over in chapter one I am reading with fresh eyes. And as I do, I find so much hope.
(6:22 a.m.)

The smile on my face continues coming and going. As does the awkwardness I feel resulting from the song that keeps singing itself to me. Looking up the lyrics only intensifies that awkwardness.

♪I get knocked down But I get up again♪ by Chumbawamba of all things. I read a little in Romans and what seems to be my own private fight song starts up again.

With that said Blessed God, I am asking You to guide and direct me in our time together.

And just like that the song is singing again. I’m reading Reflections on Romans in The Life Recovery Bible. insights ABOUT THE POWER OF CHRIST’S RESURRECTION. No blasphemy intended here. Jesus got knocked down And He got up again. Again and again and again.

Holy God, thank You. Thank You for the various ways You speak to us. Thank You for making Your Word come alive as we read It. Your genuine treasure trove of Truth.
(7:24 a.m.)

I read. I sing. I hope. I want. Yes Father. I want to know You more. You are so good. You provide for all our needs. Empower and embolden me in living this day as You would have me.

Loosely quoting The Life Recovery Bible summary of Romans, we are all guilty. We are all offered Your free gift of salvation. It’s Your grace and the Holy Spirit within us that frees us from sin’s power.

We have no grounds to be arrogant because “all have sinned and fallen short”. Although we are each different, it’s because of Your mercy that we must respect one another. Thank You Father.

When we are willing to come to You, believing and trusting in the power of Christ’s resurrection, You teach us how to live. This is where I ask You to show me ‘how to deal with my sinful attitudes and behaviors, telling me how to get back on the right track. Showing me how to recover from the effects of sin and dysfunction in my life.’

Mm, yes Father. And here again the song, ♪I get knocked down But I get up again…♪

Thank You Father. I love You. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(449 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment