Thursday, March 21, 2019

Truth


Thursday, March 21, 2019 (6:54 a.m.)
Holy God,

It’s like a painting out there. Wispy clouds. Muted colors. Just enough intrigue to keep me checking. Thank You God.

I’ve been feeling off this week. Afraid [yep, there’s the word] to get my hopes up. Thank You Father. Even in this I get to be honest. Mm, yes. Sincere. Truthful.

Thank You Father. So often it isn’t until I drop my guard with You that the Truth comes out. Mm, yes. Truth. Thank You.

Yes Father. Thank You that we get to be truthful with You. You know us inside and out anyway. Why not just be honest with You?

There is so much devastation going on in the world that I truly want to avoid looking at it. Close myself off. Act as if. All the while knowing that this is not Your best for me.

Here I ask You to lead me in Your Truth. Use the fearfulness that I am confessing to Your good and to Your glory.

There is so much Truth and hope found in Your Word. Guide and direct me to where You would have me seeking this morning.

And here I am. Reading in John. First in chapter 17 (v. 17). Then 15. And 16. Sadness and hatred in the world is nothing new.

Thank You God that You ‘so love the world’ (John 3:16-ish). I intentionally left the ‘d’ off “loved” there. Then rushed to learn more.

There’s such a thing as “the present continuous tense” in the Greek language. Something I can barely wrap my head around and do NOT want to misinterpret. Again I find myself gaining hope. And joy.

Your Word is alive! Hebrews 4:12 tells us so. It’s “living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword” (Tree of Life Version). It’s present. Continuous.

We are not randomly here. We are not without hope. We can turn to Your Word. And trust. Believe. Stand firm. 

Reading around in Your Truth, I settle in at David’s words to You. Psalm 16:11. “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever.” Thank You Father.

Yes. There are times that I feel absolutely petrified. Jesus spelled it out to His disciples. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have over come the world” (John 16:33).

This is me. Taking heart. In the present continuous tense. And asking [present continuous tense] You to be with me. Every step of the way. In, with, by, through and for me.

Use me Father. To Your good. And to Your glory. I love You. Do all You must that I will be an accurate example of Your Truth. I love You God. We need You. Thank You. Amen.
(494 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment