Monday, March 18, 2019

sharing faith


Monday, March 18, 2019 (5:51 a.m.)
Holy God,

I prayed Your “peace that passes understanding” (Philippians 4:7) with a loved one yesterday. Drawn in by the poetic sentiment, the conversation became a bit strained when I cited book and verse.

Forgive me Father. My inability to effectively share the love, trust and hope I find only in You became immediately obvious. While I can readily offer prayer on another’s behalf, how do I learn to take that next step? How do I compellingly share the faith and hope I have in Your Son?

Thank You that Your Word speaks to this very Truth. The book of Colossians. Written “to show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).

Turning to this book, reading the Truth of Your Word allows me to exhale fully and inhale deeply. ‘Devoting myself to prayer with an alert mind and thankful heart’ (Colossians 4:2) I ask You Father to teach me more.

Provide the words You would have me share. Make me a conduit of the hope we find only in You, Your Son and Your Holy Spirit.

I love You Father. I long to share the faith I have in Jesus. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Freely. Effectively.

Let me not jump ahead of Your leading. Prepare me, here in Paul’s words, “that I will proclaim this message [of the mystery of Christ] as clearly as I should” (Colossians 4:4).

I love You. Use me. Exactly as You know is best. Here praying through the Holy Spirit who “helps us in our distress. For we don’t even now what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that can’t be expressed in words” (Romans 8:26).

I trust the groans of my heart and my soul on the behalf of others to reach Your ever watchful, faithful care. Thank You. I love You. We need You. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen.
(337 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment