Friday, March 1, 2019

mindful


Friday, March 1, 2019 (5:56 a.m.)
Holy God,

I’m here seeking newness. It’s a new day. A new month. I would like a new attitude.

Thank You. Just saying that helped me smile. Smiling settled my soul. Out went the bad air, in came the good. Yes breathing fully helps me see straighter. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the saying that I came across the other day. “In with the butterflies. Out with the bees.”
(6:21 a.m.)

Oh yes Father! Thank You for the helpfulness of others. Taking time to explore new and different to me ideas just now slowed my breathing and settled my racing mind.

Thank You Father! Settling in with You. Exploring verses in Your Word I have never pondered before.

The more fully I exhale, the deeper I inhale and the clearer my thinking. Thank You God.

Thank You for the opportunity of looking into Paul’s words to the Gentile and Jewish Christians living in Rome almost 2,000 years ago. Father, I love the way Your Word speaks to us in present times.

Initially turning to the eleventh chapter of Romans because of the word mindful, I continue breathing fully and deeply. More hopeful with each exhalation. You are in charge Father. And I am grateful.

Verses 19 and 20 in The Message paint the picture of Your tree of faith. Deadwood was pruned because of a disconnect of belief and commitment between the branches and the root. Then a grafting took place. Allowing me to unite with Your "belief-nurturing root."

Paul cautions the Gentile believers, “So don’t get cocky and strut your branch. Be humbly mindful of the root that keeps you lithe and green.” Yes please Father. Keep me viable. And growing.

I love You. I long to serve You. Joyfully. Mindfully. Lovingly. Completely.

“For everything comes from Him; everything exists by His power and is intended for His glory. To Him be glory evermore. Amen” (Romans 11:36).

Empower and enable me in glorifying and enjoying You as You know is best. Fully. Deeply.

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(353 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment