Saturday, March 23, 2019

every single day


Saturday, March 23, 2019 (7:03 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You!

I spend a lot of time in my head. Thinking. Wondering. Pondering. And then something comes along and snaps me into the present. Thank You Father.

Yesterday it was a beautiful blue jay. A complete surprise. Startling me back into awareness. Thank You God.

Thank You for the many things You bring into my life every single day that help me smile. Random sounds, like the pecking of that one particular bird yesterday, can both startle and delight me. Thank You.

Here again I get to choose. Choose to smile. Sing. Stretch. And stay my mind on You and the varying blessings You provide. Every single day.

Taking that phrase to Your Word, The Passion Translation to be exact, my heart practically explodes with hope. 2 Corinthians 4:16, “So no wonder we don’t give up. For even though our outer person gradually wears out, our inner being is renewed every single day.”

Yes Father. Every smile, every song of my soul, leads me back to contemplating Your blessings. Thank You.

As I follow this verse over to Illustrated Bible Handbook I am reminded to Never Lose Heart; 4:13-18. Blessed God, thank You. “Whatever troubles may come, Paul never loses heart. He knows that within, where none can see, God the Spirit is at work.”

Can we even imagine? Never losing heart?! Yes please Father. Continue Your holy work in each of us that we would truly come to trust and depend on You as You had originally designed us.

I love You Father. I need You. I ask You into this day. Surrounding and imbuing me with Your presence. Your wisdom. Your power. Your strength. Your love.

Yes Father. All this hope stemming from an unexpected, inspiring visit from a beautiful blue jay. Thank You God. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(317 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment