Saturday, March 2, 2019

songs of praise


Saturday, March 2, 2019 (5:48 a.m.)
Blessed God,

How I love You. And thank You. Yes Father. Thank You that I get to wake up saying, "I love You."

What shall we do here today? How shall I praise You?

Singing. Yes!

♪To God be the glory Great things He hath done So loved He the world that He gave us His Son♪ Hmm. Yes Father. Thank You that we get to sing to You.
(7:02 a.m.)

And just like that, a mistakenly pushed button gave me time to explore another avenue. One closest to my heart. Wifedom. A rare British word meaning “the position or state of being a wife.”

Blessed God, thank You. Thank You that this IS a position and state that I take especially personally.

Holy God, being able to explore Your Word truly allows me to sing songs of praise to You. Thank You Father.

We have “rainy day schedule” here today. Let me use it well. Heeding the common sense collections of wisdom in the book of Proverbs, combined with the wise words of the Preacher/Teacher in Ecclesiastes.

Holy God, I love the way You get my attention. Especially when I think I’m sure I’m heading off in one direction. Then “BAM!” Proverbs 21:9 and Ecclesiastes 9:9.

Two verses with which I wholeheartedly agree. Only because of the work You have done in me through the years. Thank You Father for making me receptive to Your Truth.

I love You. I long to be the woman You would have me be. Work in, with, by, through and for me this cold and rainy day. Do all You must that I will truly glorify and enjoy You through the process.

The smile on my face is genuine. Deep.

You provided me the desire to love and respect this man to the best of the ability I have in You. You are the One who has impressed Your Truth so deeply upon my heart. Thank You Father.

As I go off into this day, I ask You to continue reminding me that it truly is “Better to live on the corner of a roof than to share a house with a nagging wife” (Proverbs 21:9 Christian Standard Bible). Yes Father.

Continue Your work in each of us that we will represent You well. The Living Bible says to “Live happily with the woman you love through the fleeting days of life, for the wife God gives you is your best reward down here for all your earthly toil” (Ecclesiastes 9:9). Keep up Your good work in us Dear Lord.

And here I quote The Life Recovery Bible comment for “9:7-10 Because life is short, we should enjoy it fully, and whatever we do, do well. The Teacher recognized that ‘under the sun’ was not the end of the story, but he never minimized the importance of our days here. God wants us to enjoy the friends and family He has given us. We may sometimes feel that our life is insignificant in the larger scheme of things, but we need to realize that our everyday life does make a difference. God will use us to touch the lives of others if we follow His program. This is one of the greatest lessons of recovery.”

Yes please Father. Keep guiding and teaching us to Your will and Your way. We love You. And long to sing Your praises. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen.
(584 words ~ 8:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment