Thursday, March 7, 2019

do all You must


Thursday, March 7, 2019 (6:20 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You. Yes thank You Father.

I have a true sense of peace about me. I was drawn to the Truth of Acts 20:24 the other evening. Looking into it right now I ask Your guidance and understanding.

The apostle Paul acknowledged being “irresistibly drawn by the Holy Spirit” (V. 22) to Jerusalem, not knowing what awaited him, “except that the Holy Spirit has told me in city after city that jail and suffering lie ahead” (23). What an example for us Father! Thank You.

I read of Paul’s experiences and automatically link them to THE TWELVE STEPS with which I am familiar. Step 11 particularly comes to mind here.

“Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.” Paul demonstrates his willingness to obey You time and again.

The verse (24) to which I initially turned has me visiting Step 12 as well. Fully aware of the dangers and unknowns that lie ahead of him Paul confidently stayed true to the Holy Spirit’s leading.

“But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.” Father, I want to live my life with that kind of abandon.

Step 12, “Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message [YOUR Message!] to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.” Yes, please, Father.

You are indeed good. Holy. Worthy. Do all You must in making me the woman You created me to be.

I love You. I long to serve You as only You know is best. Do all You must to this end. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(329 words ~ 7:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment