Wednesday, March 6, 2019

attending


Ash Wednesday, March 6, 2019 (5:55 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You for another rainy day. Thank You for the shelter we have against the elements. How I ask Your blessings and mercies on those being negatively affected by the weather.

Holy God, here once more I chide myself for being aware of problems without taken action. Talk with me concerning where You would have me put my focus.

Yes Father. Direct my attention to the areas You would have me explore.

Today we begin the season of Lent. A time of preparation. Self-reflection. And repentance. Work in and with us these next 40 weekdays.

You are so good. I long to live and to love as You would have me.

A United Methodist topical search concerning Lent teaches it as a time “when we seek to literally ‘turn around’ and realign our lives and focus toward God. It is a time to give up things as well as take on new life-giving practices, helping us rid ourselves of distractions and our own selfish desires. By doing so, we seek to live and love as more faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.” Yes please Father.

While walking the dog yesterday I found myself truly attending to many of the moments I was experiencing. Not thinking ahead of what was to come. Nor ruminating over what had already been. Actually being aware of where I was. Genuinely there in each moment.

Thank You for that experience Father. This Lenten Season I ask that You will teach me the importance of honestly attending, truly being present at the times You provide us.

I tend to get easily distracted. I long to learn to focus on what You have for us each day. Giving up eating in the living room until Easter and walking the dog as many days as possible are only two ways I am hoping to experience more of You.

Thank You for this time together Father. I love You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(343 words ~ 6:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment