Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Immensely!


Monday, March 11, 2019 (6:29 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. Sleep did not come easily last night and into this morning. But it did come. And for that I am immensely grateful.

There’s a word I thought I hadn’t prayed to You before. Immensely. Turns out, I have. Yet this morning it seems brand new to me. Thank You for that, Father.

Yes Father, thank You that in and with You I encounter such newness. Lead and guide me this morning. Where in Your Word shall we go together?

A psalm of David. Number 25. Written at a time when he was “alone and in deep distress” (v.16). Yet he knew and trusted You (1). Thank You for another of his examples.

Yes, Father, how I thank You for the examples of another. It is by witnessing the experience, strength and hope of others that I find the courage to change. Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

As David had appealed to You for help, he was “confident that one who follows the Lord will find release” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Thank You for his trust in You Dearest Lord.

David’s words [rephrased in The Message] tell us, “IMMENSELY good and honorable is the Eternal; that’s why He teaches sinners the way. With JUSTICE, He directs the humble in all that is right, and He shows them His way” (vs. 8-9).

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. I trust You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Immensely! Amen.
(262 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment