Wednesday, March 6, 2019

one-of-a-kind


“Fat” Tuesday, March 5, 2019 (8:30 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

It’s such a different morning. Asleep until after the sun shone. A very detailed dream. An unexpected phone call. Not our usual start to the day.

(8:57 a.m.)

Yes Father. Different. Unusual. Unique. One of a kind. Words that have come to define describe me these past few weeks. Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

Thank You for the smile that continues breaking through. It’s a brand new day. One of a kind. Out of the ordinary. How I ask You to use it to Your best. To Your good. And to Your glory.

How I thank You Father. For taking a seemingly crazy dream and turning it into fond memories. Along with a sense of awe. A reminder of the possibilities that each day holds.

I didn’t plan to come before You with such a wide scope of potential topics. Thank You for narrowing them all down to Jesus’ one-of-a-kindness, found in John 1:14-18.

Here we are introduced to “The true light of the world… Jesus Christ, who was full of God’s unfailing love and faithfulness” (The Life Recovery Bible comment). Thank you Father.

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “Through incarnation He [Jesus] communicates God’s glory in an entirely new way.” Different. Unique. One-of-a-kind. Praise You!

“Through Jesus, who was both fully God and fully human, we can know what God is like and enjoy a relationship with Him. Jesus Christ came to bring us God’s unfailing love and forgiveness and to reveal God’s faithfulness to us” (TLRB). Holy God, how truly grateful we are!

“God’s forgiving grace says, ‘I forgive you for your wrongs; I love and accept you freely for the person you are.’ His faithfulness says, ‘I will follow through on all I have promised’ ” (TLRB). Praise You. Thank You. Use me this brand new day as only You know is best.

I love You. I need You. I trust You. And I ask You to continue Your work in me as only You can. Uniquely. Unusually. In Your truly one-of-a-kind way. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(368 words ~ 10:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment