Monday, March 25, 2019

motivation


Monday, March 25, 2019 (6:48 a.m.)
Most Blessed, Holy God,

Good morning. I love and thank You SO much!

There was a motivation that came over me yesterday. An absolute knowing of exactly what to do with a mess I had created and just left laying around for ten days.

Thank You Father. Even tapping out “ten days” right now reminded me of another much bigger mess I had created at the beginning of this year. Thank You Father! Thank You for the ways You work in each of us.

Thank You for the simplicity of just taking care of a problem that had seemed to grow larger than it actually was. Blessed God, You are so good. So incredibly good to us. Thank You.

Thank You that this morning I get to turn in Your Word and again it comes alive for me. Truly it cuts ‘deep into my innermost thoughts and desires, exposing me for what I really am’ (Hebrews 4:12b). Thank You Father.

This morning it’s Paul’s words to the Corinthians that are speaking loudest to me. “16:5-18 Throughout this letter Paul encouraged the Corinthians in their recovery and spiritual growth… There is always a balance between caring for the hurts and needs of others and being able to ask for what we need as well. Healthy relationships are characterized by this kind of balanced give and take” (comment; The Life Recovery Bible).

How true is Your Word Blessed God. True and current!

“Remember to stay alert and hold firmly to all you believe. Be mighty and full of courage. Let love and kindness be the motivation behind all you do” (1 Corinthians 16:13-14, The Passion Translation). Yes, Blessed God. Let love and kindness be my motivating factor this and every single day.

I love You so much. I felt Your prompt yesterday. An overwhelming sense of calm and matter-of-factness allowing me to see exactly what I had to do. Group this with that. Put this other there. Offer this book to that person. Easy peasy. And done. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that You are our God. Our Deliverer. Our Comforter. It is to You we get to turn. Always. Thank You Father.

Paul had said earlier in his writing (15:10) “… it is all because God poured out His special favor on me - and not without results.” I know this to be true in my own life. It is absolutely You working in, with, by, through and for me that I get to sit here right now. Smiling. Hope-filled. Grateful. Hmm…

The comment for this verse at the bottom of the page reminds us that it is Your grace that allows us every degree of our victories. “We must recognize that our success in recovery is from God. When we fail to give the credit to God for what has happened in our life, we negate our progress by forgetting the lessons of its earliest steps.”

Recovery IS hard work. It is “progress, not perfection”. And it is absolutely based on Your grace and Your desire to help us. Thank You for Your power and the willingness I had yesterday. Not only to hear, but to follow through as well.

Thank You Father. Praise You. We love You. Continue Your work in each of us. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(566 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment