Friday, March 22, 2019

a grateful heart


Friday, March 22, 2019 (7:11 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Yes. Thank You that I get to come before You with a grateful heart. Mm, yes. A grateful heart.

Thank You that as we come before You we have choices. My original plan was to begin by bemoaning my recent careless approach to many details around here.

Instead, I chose a simple “Thank You.” Thank You for the gratitude that took over with that decision.

Father, You are so good. So holy. And right here (Psalm 138) I join David in his song to You.

“Thank You! Everything in me says, ‘Thank You!’ Angels listen as I sing my thanks… Thank You for Your love, thank You for Your faithfulness; Most holy is Your name, most holy is Your Word. The moment I called out, You stepped in; You made my life large with strength” (vs. 1-3).

Thank You Blessed God. Praise You. Thank You that Your love and provision do not change. You are good. Always! Thank You. Underneath all my distraction is a truly grateful heart.

Thank You for the smile that immediately appears every time I begin singing out ♪Give thanks with a grateful heart Give thanks to the Holy One Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son♪ We have the choice Father. Give thanks. Or complain.

Use me this day Holy God. Exactly as You know is best. Let the choices I make glorify Your goodness.

♪And now let the weak say, “I am strong” Let the poor say, “I am rich Because of what the Lord has done for us”♪ Yes Father. We are strong and rich in You.

Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Work in, with, by, through and for me this day. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(306 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment