Thursday, March 14, 2019

delighted


Thursday, March 14, 2019 (6:21 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Sleep. Rest. Irritation. Oh, how did that slip in?

Yes Father. Things have not been going as planned. At all.

We’ve ‘relaxed and been amused’. Anticipated with an alternative. Rolled with the punches. All those clever attempts to change my outlook.

And now? A slight smile. A sense of peacefulness. Why? The antonym of irritation. Delight!

Mm, yes Father. What a joy and delight it is to turn our attention to You. Yes. Thank You God. 

Let the word I choose to describe myself and the circumstances of this day contain delight. Yep! Here it is. Found in The Message.

“Blessed are the people who know the passwords of praise, who shout on parade in the bright presence of GOD. Delighted, they dance all day long, they know who You are, what You do - they can’t keep quiet! Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us - You’ve been so good to us! We’re walking on air! All we are and have we owe to GOD, Holy God of Israel, our King!” (Psalm 89:15-18).

Yes Father! Blessed and happy are we.

The Truth of The Life Recovery Bible comment fits me perfectly this morning. “89:11-18 God created and sustains everything that exists. He is extremely powerful, and He displays righteousness, truth, justice and unfailing love. When we are powerless, it only makes sense to turn to God. He has the power we need to overcome our dependencies. As we remain close to Him and do His will, we will experience deliverance and discover true freedom.”

Amen, Blessed God. Amen!

Plans are going to change. Circumstances are not always going to be to my liking. And You will always be good (Psalm 106:1). All the time. Thank You for Your Truth. And Your reminders of them.

Because of the very first words of Psalm 89:1, I am singing what I pray will be my theme song for the day. ♪I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing, I will sing… With my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness… Thy faithfulness to all generations♪

Yes please Father. Because of Your faithfulness, Jesus’ blood, and the presence of the Holy Spirit I get to sing of Your mercies and be delighted. Thank You!

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Empower me in learning to truly “Rejoice and be delighted!” regardless of circumstances. At Your will. And at Your ready.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Amen.

(425 words ~ 7:16 a.m. )

No comments:

Post a Comment