Thursday, February 28, 2019

looking for the gratitude


Thursday, February 28, 2019 (6:05 a.m.)
Blessed God,
(6:25 a.m.)

Trying again...

Good morning. Hello.

Grr. Growl. Grumble. Looking for the gratitude.
(6:48 a.m.)
Yes, Lord. I truly am looking for the gratitude.

And it’s not that hard to find. At all.

Colossians 3:16. Common English Bible. “The word of Christ must live in you richly. Teach and warn each other with all wisdom by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”

Mm, yes. With gratitude in our hearts. Yes Father. Yes. Thank You. There it is! A real and  honest “Thank You.”

Thank You for the way You love us. Thank You for the choices You continue giving to us. Thank You for the various ways there are for us to express our gratitude. Corporately. And individually.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I can feel dismal and gloomy and down in the dumps one moment and decide to seek You and Your kingdom and righteousness instead (Matthew 6:33). Thank You for the sparks of joy that are generated just by choosing to look for gratitude.

Father God, You are so good. You provide our every need. I look to You to supply the 'strength and sanity I need in order to accept this day’s realities' (The Life Recovery Bible Serenity Prayer Devotional).

There are things in the world of which I am truly fearful. Here I choose the faith we have in You to work all things together for Your good (Romans 8:28). I ask for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) to make me successful in whatever YOU choose for me this day.

I confess to currently being unable to manage my own life. “I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate” (Romans 7:15).

Thank You Father that I am not alone in this. Thank You that You are so much bigger than my failings. Here I ask You to take the messes I have been making and turn them in to the masterpieces that only You can create.

I love You Father. I need You. I trust You. I depend on You. And I thank You. Oh how I thank You.

Thank You for helping me find the gratitude. Use it, and me, this day exactly as You know is best. I love You. Amen!
(404 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment