Saturday, August 4, 2018

"Psalty says..." ~ 7/27/18


Friday, July 27, 2018 (6:43 a.m.)
♪Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here,

Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory Lord is what my heart beats for…♪

Thank You Father. Thank You!

My attitude stunk yesterday. All the way to high heaven. You saw [or smelled] it. I know You did.

And finally I start singing. Inviting the Holy Spirit in. And the very next thing I know, Psalty the Singing Songbook is telling me to “Look to Jesus” (2 Corinthians 4:18). Thank You Father.

Thank You for having my back. My front. My sides. All of me! Thank You that when I pause long enough in my list of self pitying things and call on You, here You are!

“Jesus doesn’t promise us a life free from problems. And when we’re in the middle of our problems, He asks us to do something hard. He asks us to keep our eyes on Him instead of our problems.” Oops!

My bad attitude clouded my thinking Lord. Forgive me for not turning back to You sooner.

Thank You for the simplicity of a children’s Bible where “Psalty says, ‘But He knows that that’s [keeping our eyes on Him] the only way He can help us make it through. With our eyes on Him He can give us strength, peace and comfort. He can show us His love.’”

Oh Most Dear and Blessed Father, forgive me. I was wallowing in my feelings of dejection. Focusing on perceived slights and injustices.

Your antidote? “Therefore we do not lose heart” (2 Corinthians 4:16a). Hmm… looking to You first ~ such a better plan!

“Though outwardly we are wasting away yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day” (v. 16b).
(7:13 a.m.)

Well here’s a kicker ~ a huge potential change in plans. Father, I am absolutely looking to You right now! “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” (v. 18).

Forgive me Father. Forgive my whining. My poorly placed sense of injustice and feelings of having been wronged.

We have a HUGE hiccup in travel plans and I am bringing them all to You. You
(11:51 a.m. MST ~ PHX)

And here is where I thank You BIG! Thank You for willing hearts and available flights. Thank You for Your goodness. Your grace. And Your change in my attitude. Thank You Father. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(11:54 a.m. MST)

No comments:

Post a Comment