Wednesday, August 8, 2018

accepting joy


Wednesday, August 8, 2018 (8:34 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You! A detailed dream at 4 a.m. reminded me of the importance of acceptance. And then joy. As I considered these two powerful words, I combined them yielding “accepting joy”.

Mm, yes please. Yes Father, I long to accept the joy You provide for us. Taking even the simplicity of all the eights I noticed above: 8 something on 8/8/18, I smiled.

Another, “Mm, yes please”! A bigger smile as I consider the oft used movie [“Up”] quote, “Adventure is out there”. Changing it quite simply to, “JOY is out there.”

It is. Oh, how I long to experience Your joy Blessed Father. Even as I did this morning at 4 a.m.

Awakening from a fairly dreadful dream, filled with suspense and horror. As I lie there thinking of all the twists and turns it had taken, I came to realize all I had to do was accept it as it was and move on.

Thank You Father. Thank You. I get to practice accepting joy. Yes. I have choices. Continue in my habit? Or change what I can.

Today I choose change. Because of Your love. Your Word. Your presence. I can release grudges. Or hold them tightly. Thank You that I actually feel lighter as I loosen my grip on perceived injustices.

You, Dear God, are good and holy. And I thank You for YOUR way.

(10:00 a.m.)

The Message Bible has one passage including the two words; accepting and joy. Ecclesiastes 5:18-20, “[Make the Most of What God Gives] After looking at the way things are on this earth, here’s what I’ve decided is the best way to live: Tale care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life. And that’s about it. That’s the human lot. Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what’s given and delighting in the work. It’s God gift! God deals out joy in the present, the now. It’s useless to brood over how long we might live.”

Huge sigh. Deep breath. Release in tension. Joy. Yes. A genuine sense of joy. Thank You Father.

This comment in The Life Recovery Bible, “5:18-20 … Celebrate the beauty of God’s gift of life and its simple pleasures. Being healthy and content with what we have are gifts from God… We need to take the time to enjoy life’s simple pleasures to gain strength for the battles we face.”

Yes please. This is my prayer Most Holy God, continue Your work in teaching me the importance of recognizing and accepting joy. Thank You Father. I love You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.

(479 words ~ 10: 14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment