Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Psalm 20


Wednesday, August 22, 2018 (6:38 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Mm, yes. Thank You for the ability and desire to come to You with genuine, authentic thanks.
(7:24 a.m.)

Yes. Yes. Oh yes. It is my truest desire to spend time with You. I start. Get sidetracked. Come back. Begin again. Mm, yes!

The more I read Your Word, the more I hope. And thank. And praise. I find myself again breathing in deeply. Experiencing such a sense of peace. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the Truth of Your Word. Thank You for having taught me all those many years ago that whenever I am stalled to begin by offering thanks.

Yes. Thank You.

This morning I am reading Psalm 20. The Passion Translation titles it “A Song of Trust”. And again I say, “Mm, yes!”

King David knew to put his trust in You. And he is still teaching Your people to do the same. Thank You Father.

A comment for 20:1-3 in The Life Recovery Bible begins quite succinctly with this truth, “The psalmist counted on God’s present at all times to protect him, especially when his problems were most intense.”

Thank You for his example Dearest God. He wrote this song for the benefit of others. Of which I believe myself to be one. Thank You for the hope that comes as I settle in to the very first verse.

“In times of trouble, may the LORD respond to your cry. May the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.” Once again I add, yes Lord. Thank You!

I come to You. Thanking You. Asking You. Be with me this day. Leading, guiding, directing me that I would truly follow. I love You Father. I thank You. Use me as You know is best. Amen.
(309 words ~ 8:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment