Monday, August 20, 2018

strength of Spirit


Monday, August 20, 2018 (5:17 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed, Holy God,

I am here, even before the sun is shining, asking Your help. I have a project I’m working on. One with a due date that is quickly approaching.

I actually shared the words aloud last night. I’m scared. I don’t want to look foolish. I want to succeed. Not be afraid.

So I’m here. With You. Asking for courage. Strength of spirit. Your Spirit. Mm, yes Father. I am seeking the fellowship of Your Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
(7:32 a.m.)

Mm Father, my mind is swirling. I search Your Word. Become excited with hope and expectation. All the while going back and forth between singing and a sense of dread.

How is this possible? There’s a sense of fear. Then faith. A deep exhalation. And hope. Thank You Father. You make us so aware that there is much more to each of us than meets the eye.

Here I have the memory of two grade schoolers playfully clapping, snapping and joyfully keeping time while singing out, ♪Every time I feel the Spirit moving in my heart I will pray Yes, every time I feel the Spirit…♪

Oh yes Blessed Father, that is the strength of Spirit I long to regularly experience. Fellowship. Friendship. Precious communion. The sharing of life.

Mm, this last description from New International Reader’s Version: “May the grace shown by the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. May the love that God has given us be with you. And may the sharing of life brought about by the Holy Spirit be with you all.” Yes. Please!

And now this… 2 Timothy 1:7, “God gave us His Spirit. And the Spirit doesn’t make us weak and fearful. Instead, the Spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves.” Yes, please. Yes!

I love You Father. I trust You. I need You. I want You. Work in, with, by, through and for me that I would accomplish that which You would have for me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(347 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment