Wednesday, August 8, 2018

God's call to joy


Sunday, August 5, 2018 (6:44 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for Your love. Your call to joy.
(7:57 a.m.)
Mm, yes. Your call to joy. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the places I can turn to learn more of Your call to joy.

This, from gotquestions.org/joy-Christian.html: “The first thing is to realize that joy is a gift from God… both a gift of God as well as a response to the gifts of God. Joy comes when we are aware of God’s grace and relish His favor.”

Oh yes Most Blessed God, how I ask You to keep working in, with, by, through and for me. The more I read the more I want You to produce in me the true fruit of Your Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a).
(8:16 a.m.)
Yes, yes Dearest God!

The more I read and study, the more desperate I am to live the life to which I am called by You.

Before I rush out into what appears to be a seemingly fun-filled day with family and friends I am asking You to go ahead, behind, above, beneath, beside and completely within me.

Looking deeply into Your Word, Psalm 19:8 says so much. “The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commandments of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life” (New Living Translation). Yes please!

And this version from The Message. “The revelation of GOD is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of GOD are clear and point out the right road. The life-maps of GOD are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of GOD are plain and easy on the eyes. GOD’s reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee. The decisions of GOD are accurate down to the nth degree” (vs. 7-9).

Holiest, Most Awesome God, it is absolutely in You I trust. Do all You must in making me into the woman You created me to be. Obedient to You. And joyful.

I love You. Use me this day as only You know is best. Thank You, Father. I love You. Amen.
(369 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment