Sunday, August 5, 2018

Your will ~ 7/31/18


Tuesday, July 31, 2018 (7:07 a.m. MDT)
Questa, New Mexico
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. You are working in me in so many different ways. And I am grateful. Yes, Blessed God. I am so incredibly grateful.

My brain is wanting to go off in so many directions right now. Exploring the differences between what I am and what I may or may not feel at any given moment.

Thank You Father that I am Yours. Yours to do with as You will. Mm, yes. Most blessed God and Father, teach me more about following Your will.

How I love reading Your Word with an eager [agog] heart. The more I study the more I want to know.

Psalm 40:8 has my attention right now. As does 143:10. Illustrated Bible Handbook’s brief summaries describe “Psalm 40. Remembrance of salvation (1-5) leads to willing commitment to God (6-10) and an appeal to God for support (11-17).”

Here I find myself saying, “Yes. Yes. Yes.” It is absolutely You I need to enable me to continue Your good fight. The constant struggle of recognizing who and what and all I am in You and the things I feel at any given moment of any given day.

“Feelings aren’t facts!” This is a truth of which I must constantly be reminded. YOU are real. Truth. Indisputable. My feelings come and go. Seemingly changing with the wind.

Psalm 143. A cry for deliverance and guidance.”

Oh snap! I didn’t see this coming. Tears!

Father, I am currently living in the presence of true joyfulness. A woman who has always been prone to easy laughter. Even when, much like the apostle Paul, circumstances were far less than ideal. What a perfect example You are providing me.

My cry right now is absolutely one of deliverance and guidance! My inherent nature is far more reserved. I don’t know if I am battling genetics or upbringing. Nature versus nurture. I do know that nothing is impossible with You (Luke 1:37).

So here I am. Again. Desperately seeking Your will for me. Do all You must in changing me into the joyful woman You would have me be. AGOG [en ‘in’ + gogue ‘’fun’].

As the unexpected tears continue falling freely, Father I ask You to PLEASE make me joyful. I know this to be Your will. Your Word says it again and again.

The more I seek, the more I find.

Psalm 68:2c-3, “Let the wicked perish in the presence of God. But let the godly rejoice [be joyful]. Let them be glad in God’s presence. Let them be filled with joy.” Please. Yes, PLEASE!

Romans 12:12, “Be glad [joyful in hope] for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.”

1 Thessalonians 5:16, “Always be joyful.”

I can’t stand it Father. Truly. The tears won’t stop. I KNOW this to be Your will! These tears have absolutely nothing to do with an end of another trip. No. They are representative of an end to a lifetime of moroseness.

This is not something I can do for myself. You HAVE to do for me all of which I am unable.

I love You Father. More than anything I know I want to be joyful.

Psalm 143:10 tells us, “Teach me to do Your will [be joyful], for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.”

Blessed, Holy God, lead me. Guide me. Teach me. Show me. Do all You must to make me joyful. This I pray in Your Son’s MOST Holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(624 words ~ 9:15 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment