Wednesday, August 8, 2018

"one focus only"


Saturday, August 4, 2018 (6:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning.

It’s scheduled to be a very busy day. I turn to You, after the fact. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) in absolute need of Your presence.

Thank You Father. Thank You that even when I may have over committed myself, I can still turn to You and find peace.

You never cease to amaze me. I sit. Wondering. Considering all You are. And do. I find myself so very grateful.

Just in reading various chapter titles for Colossians 3:1-4, my heart smiles with the hope of power and strength:

Chapter 3. Christ, the Pattern for a Fulfilling Life

One Focus Only; 3:1-4.

Living the New Life

He Is Your Life

One with Christ in Glory

Live a new life by the power of the risen Christ

Your New Life

The titles continue igniting excitement within. Stopping at verse two, I find myself fully embracing The Living Bible’s rendering. “Let heaven fill your thoughts; don’t spend your time worrying about things down here.”

Yes Father. Let this truly be my approach to this very full day.

I love You so much. I love Your Word. I love Your promises. These things I ask in Your Son’s most holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(221 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment