Monday, August 20, 2018

consciously looking for joy


Sunday, August 19, 2018 (12:34 p.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for teaching me to consciously look for joy. Yes, Father.

I confess. I was disappointed earlier. Tears were even involved. Plans did NOT work out as expected. I looked for someone to blame. I wanted it to be somebody else’s fault. 

I finally admitted how much I hate being wrong. Then I realized I felt embarrassed for making a mistake.

Through it all I remembered You have called me to joy. Thank You Father.

The first awareness I had in the midst of my frustration was when I noticed a “Y” shaped tree branch. I consciously started looking for something resembling a “J”, finding instead a large light globe that looked like an “O”.

Thank You Father. While I continued even longer in my disappointment and irksomeness, I did keep looking for reminders of things in which to find joy. Finally, there it was. Heart settled. Irritation gone.

First I noticed the peace. Then the smile. And there it was. Joy. Thank You Father. You tell us to forgive. And when we do we are blessed.

Here in the New Living Translation again I am grateful. James 1:2. “Faith and Endurance Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.”

Thank You for reminding me Father. I always have choices. Stay mad. Or be glad. Thank You that earlier I consciously chose to look for joy.

I love You Father. And I thank You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(267 words ~ 2:54 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment