Thursday, August 23, 2018

wonder working pow'r


Thursday, August 23, 2018 (7:29 a.m.)
Oh Most Dear and Blessed God,

How I thank and praise You Lord!

For most of the morning I was planning to come before You to express the tremendous sense of overwhelm I was feeling. Instead, I am hear actually singing!

♪There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder working pow’r In the blood of the Lamb There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder working pow’r in the precious blood of the Lamb♪

Oh Hallelujah! Praise You Jesus. Thank You for the relief that comes when fear is overpowered.

For many weeks I have been filled with dread. Uncertainty. Fear!

Fear of not being able to learn something new. Fear of failing. Fear of frustration. You name it. I’ve probably been afraid of it.

As a deadline for next week has continued approaching, the fear has ever increased. With every new computer skill learned, another challenge seemed to appear.

Thank You Father for the friends and family You have provided us who have offered encouragement and counsel along the way.

Just as I was planning to pursue a completely different route, an unexpected opportunity presented itself. The joyous relief I am currently experiencing is multiplied because of the Truth of the song that immediately started singing within me.

♪Would you o’er evil a victory win? There’s wonderful pow’r in the blood♪ Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus.

Without a doubt, it is YOU I long to serve. When I can’t sleep at night and the thoughts and feelings start closing in, to Whom do I turn? You! Thank You.

I love the way that reading Your Word helps me smile! Thank You God. The verse associated with this powerful hymn is in Revelation. A book that seems ever over my head.

This morning I read with excitement of satan’s defeat “because of the blood of the Lamb…” (Revelation12:11). Illustrated Bible Handbook does its best in explaining the unexplainable.

A comment in The Life Recovery Bible churns up hope deeply within. “12:1-14 …As much as satan tries to thwart God’s plan for the world’s recovery, he will not be able to. Our personal recovery is an important part of God’s plan for cosmic recovery. If we entrust our life to God and obey Him, He will certainly complete the task of recovery in our life.”

Oh thank You Father. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. You are good. You are able. It is in You I place my trust. Thank You for this honor and this privilege.

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me this day that I would truly represent You well. I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You. Do all this in Jesus’ precious name. Through the wonder working pow’r of His blood. Thank You. Amen.
(471 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment