Saturday, August 4, 2018

blessed beyond belief ~ 7/28/18


Saturday, July 28, 2018 (7:28 a.m. MDT)
Albuquerque, NM

Thank You God. I can be grumpy and whiney and all around out of sorts and when I stop long enough to turn to You, You bless me with a genuine smile. A point of joy. A tiny reason to choose joy: 7:28 on 7/28.

It doesn’t take much to remind me of Your goodness and Your grace. Those things I remember. Regularly. Acting on them is where I fall so short.

I continue falling into the trap of resentment. Mental justifications for grudge holding and unforgiveness build when left unchecked.

Even as I am reminded ♪This is the day, this is the day that the Lord hath made… I will rejoice I will rejoice and be glad in it And be glad in it♪ there is still the pull to grouse instead of glorify. Resent rather than repent (Revelation 3:19).

Forgive me Father. That is my continued prayer. I know I am blessed. Beyond belief. And I believe myself to be caught in satan’s snare. I have all the examples of his wily ways spelled out for me in the Bible. Going all the way back to the beginning of creation when Adam and Eve had regular walks with You in the garden.

And here is the “Hallelujah!” moment! Reading a profile of ADAM & EVE in The Life Recovery Bible nails what I know to be true.

We are to “Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him and be strong in your faith (1 Peter 5:8-9a).

I have been lax Father. Not diligent. Or careful. I’ve given in to resentments instead of repentance.

I haven’t been “strong with the Lord’s mighty power. Put[ting] on all of God’s armor so that [I] will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the devil.” I have forgotten “we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers  and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:10-12).

I have NOT been using “every piece of God’s armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle [I] will still be standing firm” (v. 13).

Now back to “ADAM & EVE LESSONS FROM THEIR LIVES:

A good marriage requires love and commitment even through tough times.

Relationships that accept God’s grace and forgiveness persevere through life’s difficulties.

Complacency is a breeding ground for temptation - be on guard against satan’s schemes.

The mistakes of parents are often passed on to their descendants.”

Once again I turn to You. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) that the resentments I continue uncovering will much more quickly become repentances, resulting in rejoicings.

It is my sincerest plea Blessed God. I LONG to be the woman You created me to be. Loving. Committed. And covered by Your grace.

Do all You must in making me Yours. I love You. Amen.
(8:42 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment