Thursday, August 30, 2018

"see also: God's Power"


Thursday, August 30, 2018 (6:35 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Good morning. There have already been mistakes. Frustrations. And smiles.

Thank You Father for the smiles! Mm, yes. Thank You for the things I don’t expect. Like mistakes.

Thank You for the opportunity to turn in Your Word looking for guidance when making mistakes and instead finding “MIRACLES (see also God’s Power)”. Oh, yes please. I want very much to read more about Your power.

Yes. Here is a deep, cleansing breath. One that is automatic. Done without thinking. Yet makes me mindful of the many things You are and do.

Father thank You. Thank You for Your power.

Right now I am reading of Your promised power. The power of the Holy Spirit mentioned in Acts 1:8. And again I say thank You.

Finding a section at bible.org, I smile broadly as I hope in what I read. “God’s awesome plan is to transform your life into something beautiful and Christ-like. Sadly, not every believer experiences the power to live this life as God intended. Some are unaware of the treasure of the Holy Spirit living inside them. Others choose to ignore the Spirit’s work in their lives and follow their own desires instead. Living by the Spirit is a choice…”

I know this to be true. I absolutely remember a time over 45 years ago when the Spirit presented me with a choice. I have allows looked back at that moment as a crossroads. “A point at which a crucial decision must be made that will have far-reaching consequences”. And it did!

Here I am, all these years later, joyfully looking to You. Asking for more. Yes Father. More of Your blessings. More of Your grace. Your glory. Your power. Oh yes, Your mighty, loving, miraculous power. The power promised us in Your Word.

Turning to Ephesians 5:15-20, Living by the Spirit’s Power again I ask You Father, make it so. Provide me the power necessary to “let the Holy Spirit fill and control” me. I love You so much.

I trust You. I need You. Show me, as only You can, exactly how to “see also God’s Power”. Mm, yes Blessed God. Use me as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(383 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment