Thursday, July 26, 2018

solace


Thursday, July 26, 2018 (5:39 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You. I love You. We have plans. I’d like to see them succeed.

This all feels so stilted. Contrived. Let me start again.

Hi God, I love You. Talk with me. Work in me. Center me on You. Your will. Your way.

And again I say, “Thank You!” This time with a smile. Yes Father. Thank You.

Thank You for Your blessings. Your promises. Your Word. Your warnings. Thank You that I get to come before You perfunctorily stiff and You change my heart. You work my stiffness into something pliable.

Thank You Father. We DO have plans. And we’d very much like them to succeed. It’s incredibly hot around here and our efforts have lagged. Wilted really.

Nourish and nurture us as only You know is best.

I read in Your Word and find such hope. Solace. Yes, that’s the word. I am supremely comforted and cheered when I get out of the way of duty.

Coming before You as a sense of obligation is NEVER the way I want to approach You. You are a privilege. A gift. A true blessing.

Thank You for changing my intent. Time spent with You is an honor. Not something to merely scratch off my list of things to do.

Reading in Isaiah 57 is what started the shift. Opening my heart up to being honest with You continued it. Thank You that as I read and spoke honestly with You, Your peace started flooding in.

♪You ARE the Potter Father. I am Your clay (Jeremiah 18:1-6). Mold me and make me, This is what I pray♪

The Life Recovery Bible devotional titled Giving Up Control tells us that when we put our life in Your hands, You will reshape us as You see fit. That is what I am asking Blessed Father.

We have plans. I’d like to see them succeed. More importantly, I want to live this day for You. With You. By You. Through You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(347 words ~ 6:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment