Wednesday, August 15, 2018

learning


Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (6:23 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for learning Father. Oh, yes. Yes. Yes! Thank You for the ability and desire to learn.
(7:17 a.m.)

Sitting. Reading. Hoping. Absorbing. Head nodding. Learning. Wanting so much not to be a fool!

Proverbs 1:7, “Start with GOD - the first step in learning is bowing down to GOD; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning” (The Message).

Mm. Start with GOD. The Living Bible says, “How does a man become wise? The first step is to trust and reverence the Lord! Only fools refuse to be taught.”

Mm, yes Father. Continue Your work in me. The more I become aware of other things, it’s learning to trust and reverence You that is absolutely paramount.

Reading back to verses two and three, “The purpose of these proverbs is to teach people wisdom and discipline, and to help them understand wise sayings. Through these proverbs, people will receive instruction in discipline, good conduct, and doing what is right, just, and fair.”
(12:23 p.m.)

So I didn’t finish this earlier and now I am plagued by a false sense of failure. The key word here being false.

A method I am attempting to learn didn’t turn out as I had hoped. Now I am sitting on a mound of unpleasant feelings. Thank You Father that I can bring even this to You.

Going back up to what I had wanted to finish with You before, I quote this from Illustrated Bible Handbook. “Chapters 1-9. In Praise of Wisdom The purpose of Proverbs: 1:1-7… to help the reader ‘acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair’ v. 3”.

Oh yes Father. A disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment