Wednesday, August 8, 2018

brand new


Wednesday, August 1, 2018 (6:42 a.m. MDT)
Questa, New Mexico
Blessed Father,

Thank You again. It’s another brand new day. Another brand new month. Hmm. Brand new. What would You have me learn this morning concerning brand new?

I read of new hearts. New songs. New days. Where in Your Word would You have me follow You?

There is mention of new names. A new covenant. A new heaven and a new earth. New life. New wine. New moon. A new song. Let’s go with new thing, shall we?

Isaiah 43:19. Oh, would You look at this? New Living Translation. “For I am about to do a brand new thing. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness for my people to come home. I will create rivers in the desert!”

We are currently ending our visit to a previously lush area of nature struggling through the aftermath of drought and closed mines. People having to leave their region to find a living elsewhere.

I love the way You talk with me, Father. Helping me see things I so often overlook. Having once idealized this place, yesterday I saw the poverty. The struggle. The addictions I had never wanted to see before.

Thank You Father. Thank You.
(8:01 a.m. MDT)
Tia’s back deck overlooking Sangre de Cristo mountain range

A brand new appreciation of this place. “The LORD’s Promise of Victory (Isaiah 43:14-44:4 The Life Recovery Bible) CHAPTER 44 ‘But now listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. The LORD who made you and helps you says: O Jacob, my servant, do not be afraid. O Israel (or Jeshrum, a term of endearment for Israel) my chosen one, do not fear. For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and to moisten your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children. They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. Some will proudly claim, “I belong to the LORD.” Others will say, “I am a descendant of Jacob..” Some will write the LORD’s name on their hands and will take the honored name of Israel as their own.’”

This view. This experience gives me a brand new understanding of this passage. Blessed, Holy God how I pray this Truth for the people of this land. I love You. I love them. And I ask Your blessings and keeping on each and every single one of the descendants of the Jacob to whom I am so lovingly related.

Bless us in our travels this day I pray. Thank You for all the things You make brand new on our account. I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You. Thank You Father. Amen.
(478 words ~ 8:19 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment