Thursday, August 9, 2018

"SEE ALSO"


Thursday, August 9, 2018 (6:25 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You.
(6:55 a.m.)
Mm, yes. Thank You.

My first thought of thanks was “for fun”. Then I wondered if that was even biblical.

I know we are to ♪Rejoice in the Lord always And again I say, “Rejoice”♪ (Philippians 4:4). But does that equate to having fun? Evidently it does.

Thank You Father. Thank You for what Your Word has to say about having fun.

Life Recovery TOPICAL INDEX says, “FUN (see enjoyment)”. When I follow the trail I read, “ENJOYMENT (see also Happiness, Joy)”. Just look at how it all circles around to what You and I have been talking about for over a week now. Joy.

As I “see also Happiness” and read “HAPPINESS see also Contentment, Enjoyment, Joy)” I wonder. What would it actually be like if I could truly “SEE ALSO…” these things?

This I ask of You today Most Blessed God. Empower me in seeking not only fun, enjoyment, happiness, joy and contentment, but most importantly You and Your loving mercy and grace.

Yes! A HUGE sigh of contentment as I follow my heart and thoughts all the way back over to Matthew 6:33. Singing ♪Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, And all these things shall be added unto you - Allelu, alleluia!♪

Yes Most Holy God and Father, this morning as I “see also” all the other important things of which You would have me be aware, even here in The Celebration Hymnal I smile broadly. Subsections where the two joyful hymns sung above are found are: “WALKING WITH GOD Provision and Deliverance” and “WALKING WITH GOD Peace and Joy”.

A Serenity Prayer Devotional for Matthew 6:25-34 in The Life Recovery Bible spells this out as well. “Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of that day.” Yep. Walking with You, I find provision and deliverance, as well as peace and joy. Thank You Father.

You have my back! My front. My heart, soul, mind and strength. Use me as You absolutely know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. I praise and worship You. Thank You Father. Use me well I pray. Thank You. Amen.

(387 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment