Thursday, April 30, 2015

Truth-filled, unwavering Standard ~ 3/23/15

Monday, March 23, 2015 (11:22 a.m.)
Southbound - Ruby Princess
Balcony
Mm, Good Morning God,

Thank You that I get to still say good morning! Thank You that I haven't wasted the bulk of the day on a novel that I thought was wonderful and ended leaving me feeling quite unsettled. Far more unsettled than I would have wished.

Thank You that there is such a gulf between fact and fiction. Thank You that I can choose between the two.
(12:33 p.m.)
Mm, Father,

Thank You for lunch and the kind husband who chose and delivered it to me. Thank You for the love You have been growing in each of us through the years. Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your Standard.

Yes Father. Thank You for Your Truth-filled, unwavering Standard. Mm. Where in Your Word to go with this now? Hmm...

Leviticus 19:35
(4:47 p.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. Thank You that I can become unsettled, trust in You, lean into You, depend on You and come into peace. Thank You that I get to turn to Your Word and be reminded of Your plan for our families and society in general.

Thank You that You are the God of holiness. Your Standard? Holiness and purity. I even get to sing a hymn pertaining to Your command to the entire community of Israel through Moses (“Be holy because I, the Lord Your God, am holy” Leviticus 19:1, 2).

♫Pure and holy I would be, worthy of Your love for me. Teach me while Your light is clear, change me while my heart is near. Holy, holy, holy Lord. You are great and I am small, You are King and God of all. You are wise in all You do, Lord I put my trust in You. Holy, holy, holy Lord

Blessed Father, thank You that You are indeed holy. Thank You that I get to come before You exactly as I am and You change me right where I sit. Thank You that hours ago my focus was on the unsavory twist an author took in his novel and now I'm again taking in deep breaths of Your wisdom and grace.

Father, I love You. I thank You so very much. Continue working Your will and Your way with me. Changing me as You must. Loving me as only You are able. Thank You for Your Truth-filled, unwavering Standard. I love You. Amen.
(407 words ~ 5:14 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment