Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Spirit's Power

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 (5:52 a.m.)
Precious Holy Jesus,

I called out to You yesterday. I felt frustrated. Low. Irritated. Confused. And You met me exactly where I was. Thank You.

Thank You for blessing me with Your presence. Thank You for instilling in me a desire to do better. Be kinder. To care. More.

You reminded me to breathe. Deeply. Fully. Thank You that I have ready access to Your Word. Thank You for the opportunity to turn to You and be renewed. Refreshed.

Thank You for the privilege with which to read again Romans 8. Thank You for the reminder of The Spirit's Power. The power in which yesterday was lived.

It is that same power I request this morning. As I continue reading (having begun with verses 9-11) I begin singing There is therefore now no condemnation For those who are in Christ Jesus even before reaching verse one.

Now it is verse two that is speaking loudest and most clearly to me.

The Message, “Those who enter into Christ's being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.”

Illustrated Bible Handbook expounds, “It is the Spirit of God within us, who raised Jesus from the dead, who is able to lift us up too, to a new and righteous kind of living (9-11). Our obligation is not to 'try', but to trust the Spirit of God within us and let Him lead us” (12-14).

As I breathe in deeply this day, it is “the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the [powerful] fellowship of the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:14) I am seeking. Oh, but not to keep to myself. No. To share. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Freely. Just as You would have me share.

Work in me again this day I pray. Thank You so very much. I love You. Praise You. Thank You. Amen.
(357 words ~ 7:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment