Sunday, April 19, 2015

keeping it simple

Sunday, April 19, 2015 (8:46 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

I am here asking You to teach me to “keep it sweetly simple” today. I tend to complicate things. Often when attempting to do the very opposite.

Let me start off by saying I love You.

I just spent a huge amount of time trying to follow the dots and connect the relationships of people I don't even know. Having heard various names mentioned over the weekend and wanting to know more details I again turned to online social network searching. ACK! A truly horrible place for me.

Thank You Father for the ease with which some people can connect with one another. Without any doubt, NOT anywhere I am meant to frequent. Thank You for reminding me again of what I honestly already know. Don't go there!

Mm, Father, thank You that I do get to come before You and be blessed by Your never-ending peace. Thank You that You will lead me to Your best when I am willing to seek You and obey. Thank You that even in confessing this Truth, You lead me in Your Word.

Psalm 25:4-5, “Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by Your Truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.”

Ah. Is it really that easy? So often I see the path; recognize the road and still choose unwisely. I DO put my hope in You. Then I take it back. Hide it somewhere to keep it safe from disappointment. THAT never works!

Father, how I ask You to teach me to live freely. Through Christ's great love and sacrifice on my behalf.

Thank You that in calling out to You, You answer me through Your sacred Word. Romans 3:21-26.
(11:41 a.m.)
Mm, then even more so...

Blessed Father, thank You for the way that this prayer, begun with You in honesty, was complimented so perfectly by our online worship service. From the praise songs sung to the “Tablets of Flesh” message for 2 Corinthians 3:1-11, the Truth of Your grace winning out over law was reiterated again and again.

How I thank You Father. How I praise and long to honor You. Empower me to live every moment of this day as though they matter for eternity. Because they do. I want to live as You desire. Make it so Blessed Lord. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(425 words ~ 11:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment