Wednesday, April 8, 2015

in one accord

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 (7:10 a.m.)
♫God of wonders,

♫Beyond our galaxy, You are holy. Holy. The universe declares Your majesty. You are holy. Holy

Mm, blessed Father. Thank You that You are indeed holy. All the things we are not. Holy. Revered. Esteemed. Worshipped and adored.
(7:49 a.m.)

Hmm, yes, Blessed Father. Thank You! Thank You that You are so good to work in and through each of us. Thank You that Your workings are often so subtle that we don't even see them taking place.

Take just now for instance. I came here before You thinking we would talk together about my availability to others. Or even the magnitude of Your greatness as described in the lyrics of God of Wonders Instead I am again in tears.

In beginning Your list of attributes above, I rabbit trailed away to find the praise and worship song that took hold of my heart and mind as soon as the words “worshipped and adored” came together. It took some time and revision as the words in Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord are actually “praised and adored”.

But the end result is the key phrase I was seeking. So we lift up holy hands in one accord Oh, Blessed Father. How You fill our hearts, our minds, our souls, our strength (Mark 12:30)... when we let You.

I get to follow the complexity of my thinking. Searching hymnals, concordances, even Bible handbooks. And finally land in Paul's words to the believers in Philippi.

The Message uses this phrasing to present Your Truth, “If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if His love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care – then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends” (Philippians 2:1-2).

Under the title Joy in Following Jesus, Christlike Attitudes; 2:1-11 Illustrated Bible Handbook explains, “Paul exhorts [strongly urges] his friends to increase his joy by 'being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose'.”

Teach me Father to truly bless Your holy name by living this day in one accord with Your Spirit and other believers. I love You. I praise You. Train me up in the fine art of adoration. Use me to Your liking. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(405 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment