Thursday, April 23, 2015

infinite perfect love

Thursday, April 23, 2015 (9:48 a.m.)
Bark! Growl. Grumble...

Blessed Father, I'm asking You for a grateful heart. I look around me and am feeling discouraged. Things aren't working as I would have them. Rather than looking at the good and the positives, I'm anticipating the next thing to go wrong.

That seems to be quite the pattern with me. I know I am blessed by Your love. Your grace. Kind forgiveness and fellowship. Why would that not be enough?

Thank You that I get to come before You Just As I Am, without one plea You allow [encourage?] me to speak my heart, my mind, my soul with You. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Because of Your infinite perfect love for each of us, we are able to Come to Jesus and live

Thank You for songs that intersperse themselves to remind me of Your infinite care of us all. I cry out. You remind. I want. You supply. I search. You are always here to be found. Thank You. 

Thank You that I even get an Invitation to Joy in the process. The apostle John wrote (1 John 1:1-4) of his relationship with You; the Father and Your Son, Jesus Christ. How I thank You for being “our only hope to know real joy” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Thank You that I am able to start off time alone with You in the snarkiest of moods and by genuinely seeking Your goodness and Your grace be transformed by Your infinite perfect love. Thank You that as I breathe in deeply of Your mighty strength and power I am relieved of the doom and gloom to which I am often accustomed.

I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to align my steps with Yours that I would see what all You have for me to focus on this day. The good. Not the bad. The blessings. Rather than the curses. The genuine. Instead of the pretend. Your infinite perfect love. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(336 words ~ 11:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment