Thursday, April 9, 2015

this morning's "Aha!"

Thursday, April 9, 2015 ( 7:18 a.m.)
Loving, Holy God,

Hello. Good morning. Greetings. Mm, yes. Greetings ~ a polite word or sign of welcome or recognition. Nowhere near enough with which to come before the Creator of the Universe.

Father, You deserve “Hallelujah!”s and adoration. Yes. Please. Provide for me the heart, mind, soul and strength (Mark 12:30) with which to properly greet You this day.

How about, I love You? Yes! Because I do. And thank You? Yes. I truly do thank You! Thank You for the love with which You meet us. Pure. True. Unadulterated.

This morning I come before You actively seeking Your best for me. It seems so selfish to use the words “for me” here. Don't I want Your best, period? For all?

Well, yes. I really do. But if I'm going to be completely honest with You, which is what I am truly attempting to be, I want to be equally included in Your best.
(8:03 a.m.)

Reading Your Word, scouring keyword searches, looking here and there, I found this morning's “Aha!” in Psalm 9, verses one and two.

“I will thank You, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High.”

That I can do! Is it Your best? I absolutely believe it is. For me. And for all. But even here I must turn again to You, asking (seeking, knocking – Matthew 7:7) for Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) in which to proceed.

I love You Father. With a love that I don't even understand. I know You are good. Holy. Worthy to be trusted. Empower and embolden me to live as though this is true. Thanking You with all my heart. Telling of the marvelous things You have done. Being filled with joy because of You. Singing praises to Your name.

Do all You must to enable me to live this day as You would have me live it. Thankfully. Sharing Your goodness with joy and song. Yes Father. Do all You must. I love You. I thank and praise You. Amen.
(368 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment