Sunday, April 12, 2015

thank You for knowing me

Sunday, April 12, 2015 (7:23 a.m.)
Holy, Blessed Father God,

Thank You! I got to learn something yesterday. Take a little trip outside of my comfort zone. Grow up just a bit. All by saying, “I don't know how.” And “Please tell me what to do.”

I'm going to tell You quite openly that I think my instructor was irritated. I sensed an air of condescension on the other's part. Just a hint of mockery. Not at all the respect with which I would hope to be addressed.

Ah, but You. YOU gave me the courage and the strength in which to overcome another fear. Silly as it seems, I didn't know what was involved in getting cash back from a transaction. Especially without any form of identification.

And this leads me to thanking You again for knowing me. “O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You both precede and follow me. You place Your hand of blessing on my head” (Psalm 139:1-5).
(9:57 a.m.)
Father, not only do You know me, You bless me. BIG!

So many directions this morning. Surprises [for me] at every turn. Finding interesting information on the internet about my grandpa's baby sister. Amazing stuff I never knew. With me so very gratefully saying, “Thank You God!”

Taking another look at Psalm 139. This time in The Voice, verse six. “It is the most amazing feeling to know how deeply You know me, inside and out; the realization of it is so great that I cannot comprehend it.” Amen!

How I ask You to use Your knowledge of me for Your good. I love You so very much. Keep my focus on Your goodness and Your grace. Let me praise and worship You as You so rightly deserve. I love You Father. I thank You. I need You. I praise You. Amen.
(366 words ~ 10:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment