Wednesday, April 29, 2015

All because of You

Sunday, April 26, 2015 (6:54 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You! You blessed me with an ability yesterday. After nearly 100 days of trying, I was able to play some piano pieces better than I ever have. I struggled. Raised my fist [and cursed.] Was completely frustrated. I took breaks. Came back. Tried again.

Through it all, I kept coming back. That's not my norm. Usually I continue through exhaustion. Or just quit altogether. Yesterday was different. I listened. I looked. I tried different things. I took breaks. Yes Father. I took breaks.

I walked around. What our childhood family referred to as piddling. But through it all, I didn't give up. That's because of You.
(8:53 a.m.)
All because of You.

Mm. Yes. Father. All because of You.

I got to take another break just now. Time spent helping our son surprise a virtual stranger with a heartfelt kindness. A gift for her four year old. A bit of magic he called it in his parting words while heading off for her cruise ship.

I remember phrasing “mercy and grace in Christ” as “magic” in which I can believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment