Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"some boundless thing"

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 (6:13 a.m. - 6:57 a.m.)
Holy God,

I have spent over forty minutes reading, thinking, praying, exploring the way I wanted to address You this morning. There are so very many nearly perfect descriptive words, yet I balk.

I started with an alphabetical list of Your attributes. Amazing, adoring, awesome... There is no end to the very first letter!

Just to get started I finally settled on my usual, stand by, go to, almost automatic “Holy God”. The list in my head of how I want to describe [paint, portray...] You continues to grow even as I sit here.

My thoughts start off in one direction only to be turned to another. I read one thing that leads to something else. I could spend the whole day looking at others' opinions and experiences with You. But they wouldn't be mine.

Father, You are so very good. I find comfort/shelter in the Truth of Your Word. I turn in The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration and find [under GOD – Love and Mercy] another hymn I have never sung before.

Begin, My Tongue, Some Heavenly Theme and speak some boundless thing Hmm... “some boundless thing”.

The Bible verse attached to this hymn is Psalm 71:24a. Contemporary English Version states King David's words as, “All day long I will announce Your power to save.”

Blessed Father, that is my heart's desire. All day long, me announcing, Your power. Even as I confess it to You, the following phrases immediately pop up to counter. “It'll never happen.” “You'll fail. “Again.”

But YOU are bigger than my failings! Bigger. Better. Far more able than I can ever hope to be. You love each of us with a forgiving love we could never hope to attain on our own. You are faithful. Powerful. Mighty. Perfect. And I TRULY desire to 'announce Your power to save, all day long'.

It's Your power in which I long to live this day. Make it so. Exactly as You have planned. Let my tongue honestly [openly, willingly] begin to speak some boundless thing of Your glory. Your goodness. Your grace.

I love You Father. And I want that to be easily seen by all. Thank You for time together today. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. I thank You. Amen. [Heaven is Here Now]
(392 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment