Thursday, April 30, 2015

higher than ~ 3/21/15

Saturday, March 21, 2015 (8:15 a.m.)
Holiest God and Father,

Thank You that You bless us. And keep us. Thank You that You make Your face shine upon us and are gracious to us. Thank You that You lift Your countenance upon us and give us peace (Numbers 6:24-26).

Thank You that there are so many different ways of saying the above blessing. At first hearing I doubt that I even began to understand the depth of the invocation. Now I marvel at the idea.

You are the One who loves us (John 3:16). Cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). Created us in Your very own image (Genesis 1:26).

I don't always behave in a manner representing these Truths well. I tend to mope. Pout. Stamp my feet and say bad words. And You continue loving and blessing me all the while.

Thank You that You see me in a light so different than my own vantage point. Thank You that I absolutely get to trust that “Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts are higher than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:9).

Thank You Father that I get to know this. Trust this. Too many times I don't understand or act as though I believe it. But You are True to Your Word always. Thank You!

Thank You that in the times I resemble a horribly unruly child more than I represent You, You are patient and kind in letting me come around to Your way (Psalm 103:8). Thank You that You know me (Psalm 139) and You continue to love me (Psalm 108:4).

You are not put off by me. Wow! How awesome is that. Father, I love You. I thank You. And I ask that I will represent You well this day. Work in and through me as You must. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment