Wednesday, April 29, 2015

God's strength and plans

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 (6:30 a.m.)
Sweet, Sweet Jesus,

Thank You! We had the sweetest day yesterday. And that has been the most prevailing word of the morning. Until I looked up the spelling of prevalent and found the difference between it and prevailing and now I'm caught up in Habakkuk's struggles with faith.

You tell me. Which direction do I take here? Talking with You about the sweet joys of boy watching yesterday, or how God's strength and plans prevail (Habakkuk 3:19; Proverbs 19:21)?

God's strength and plans it is! Yes, the boys were unusually sweet yesterday. With themselves, each other, us. Unexpected hugs and “I love you”s were plentiful. Sweetness abounded. Oh, but when all is said and done, at the end of any given day, it's God's strength and plans on which we need to rest.

Thank You God for the sweetness of which we still speak this morning. Mm, but thank You even more for the power and the foresight You have. Yes Father, thank You for moments [even a day] of sweet harmony.

As I continue reading in Habakkuk (3:1-2), I'm directed to Hebrews 12:5-6 which sends me back again to Proverbs (3:11-12). And now tears sting my eyes as they prepare to roll freely down my cheeks as I remember hearing of a marriage having recently dissolved.

Blessed Father, how tearfully I pray for this family. May each of them turn readily to You. The idea of them “singing joyful praises to God... turning cartwheels of joy” (Habakkuk 3:18 The Message) seems extreme. Downright impossible. That's where we turn to You. For Your strength and Your plans.

“Counting on GOD's Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I'm king of the mountain!” (v. 19) Mm... Yes, Father, may we all take heart and gain strength and steady footing in You.

Proverbs 19:21 tells us, “You can make many plans, but the LORD's purpose will prevail.” We count on that Blessed Father. We depend on Your plan prevailing.

Provide for each us exactly as You know is needed. We love You and long to sing joyful praises, turning cartwheels of joy as You align us in Your strength to Your plans. Thank You for Your loving care. Let us use it well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(395 words ~ 8:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment